Special volume „Ageing in times of a pandemic“ on Revista Inclusiones is available with open access!
The Covid-19 pandemic is causing an unprecedented global crisis, the effects of which are affecting all spheres of individual and social life. Multidisciplinary, comparative studies on effects of the pandemic deserve special attention, at least because of significant variations in spread of the infection, institutional response and reactions of the population in different countries. The need for high-quality quantitative data in a comparative and national perspective is addressed by Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE) . In early June 2020, Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe organized a special module “SHARE Corona”, which provides high-quality national and comparative data on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Special volume ‘Ageing in times of a pandemic’ of Revista Inclusiones is initiated by Ekaterina Markova and Gabriela Yordanova from the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IPS-BAS), coordinating the Bulgarian research infrastructure SHARE-ERIC Bulgaria. This special volume is supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria within the National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures.
Aim of Special Volume ‘Aging in times of a pandemic’ is to shed light on various aspects of the impact of the pandemic in the countries of South-Eastern Europe on people aged 50 and over.
- Social, health and digital inequalities in a pandemic;
- Family and social networks, inter generational support, coping strategies: the Covid-19 case.
‘Ageing in times of a pandemic’ content is the following:
Editorial: AGEING IN TIMES OF A PANDEMIC
SOCIAL, HEALTH, AND DIGITAL INEQUALITIES IN PANDEMIC
- Elitsa Dimitrova, SOCIAL DIFFERENCES IN SELF-PERCEIVED HEALTH OF PEOPLE AT OLDER AGE IN EUROPEAN SOCIETIES. RESULTS OF THE SURVEY OF HEALTH, AGEING AND RETIREMENT IN EUROPE (SHARE)
- Boryana Bogdanova and Zhelyu Vladimirov, CROSS-SECTIONAL DIFFERENCES IN THE LEVEL OF DEPRESSION SINCE THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK: A STUDY ON SHARE DATA
- Ekaterina Tosheva, Gabriela Yordanova and Ekaterina Markova, BEFORE AND DURING THE OUTBREAK: PREREQUISITES FOR THE HIGH COVID-19 MORTALITY RATE IN BULGARIA. EMPIRICAL INSIGHTS FROM SHARE DATA
FAMILY AND SOCIAL NETWORKS, GENERATION SUPPORT, COPING STRATEGIES IN TIME OF A CRISIS: THE CASE OF COVID-19
- Mihaela Angelova, FACTORS AFFECTING THE ACTIVE LIFE OF PEOPLE AGED 50 AND OVER IN EUROPE BEFORE AND DURING THE PANDEMIC.
- Ekaterina Markova, Gabriela Yordanova and Ekaterina Tosheva, MENTAL HEALTH RISK ALERTS AND LONELINESS DURING THE PANDEMIC: A COMPARATIVE INSIGHT FROM THREE BALKAN COUNTRIES
- Vladimir Yordanov, COVID-19 PANDEMIC: A STUDY ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MENTAL HEALTH STATUS AMONG PEOPLE AGED 50 AND OLDER IN EUROPE
- Nikolay Netov and Diana Tisheva, AN INTUITIONISTIC FUZZY APPROACH FOR COVID-19 SURVEY ANALYTICS
The authors and guest editors of this special issue are grateful to Revista Inclusiones, and in particular to Dr. Juan Guillermo Mansilla Sepúlveda for the opportunity provided and the high quality scientific review. We also thank the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria, without whose support this open access publication would not have been possible.
Editorial is available at:
Special volume ‘Ageing in times of a pandemic’ is available at:
 Börsch-Supan, A., M. Brandt, C. Hunkler, T. Kneip, J. Korbmacher, F. Malter, B. Schaan, S. Stuck, S. Zuber (2013). Data Resource Profile: The Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE). International Journal of Epidemiology. DOI: 10.1093/ije/dyt088
 More information could be found at https://share-eric-bulgaria.bg/en/
 National Roadmap for Research Infrastructures, Republic of Bulgaria, Ministry of Education and Science, available at: https://naukamon.eu/en/roadmap-for-research-infrastructure-of-the-republic-of-bulgaria-for-the-period-2020-2027/